Hey friends!! This recipe has quickly became a favorite of the family and it was a HIT at the Moms and Mimosas class we had at the store this past weekend. If you are needing a quick and easy brunch/breakfast recipe, this is for YOU!
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture over bread; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but the longer the better. I made it the night before and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
- Spoon bread mixture into a lightly greased baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, pecans, and chocolate chips; sprinkle over bread mixture.
- Place in oven uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, sprinkle powdered sugar on top, and serve.
You could even do this in a slow cooker. Place mixture in greased crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.